Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Warm Memories

Day 18: Often people say, “don’t live in the past, seize the day.” While I’m all for carpe diem, memories are equally important to me as they kindle the spark I need to frequently need to keep my flame burning, particularly when it comes to community building. Memories I have of friends building those walls of community with me through warm gestures motivate me to pass on the torch.

Today I passed that torch by score keeping in the teachers versus all star students basketball game. Time: lunch break. Place: Haven of Peace Academy basketball court. Who: All of the secondary school. While it was intense and competitive, the competition was healthy and at the end the students good-naturedly admitted defeat-especially to their superstar Principal, Mr. Martin. All in all, it was a unifying match that will stick in students’ memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment